Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Christmas Themed Cricut Scrapbook Layout-Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally, the final page for this scrapbook which spans over four years.  The theme is Christmas and I used some really nice heavy weight cardstock paper I bought at a scrapbooking supplies store.  It comes in a pad of about 40 pieces of cardstock some "foiled" and embellished with rich, vibrant colors and textures.
I cut out the flourish patterns using my Cricut Cutting machine and coordinating heavy weight cardstock.  The photos included in this scrapbooking idea were hand cut to sizes which I determined would fit on the 12" x 12" piece of background cardstock. 
The background cardstock is beautiful and I think gave me the Christmas idea for it's purpose. 
Now it's time to start a new scrapbook spanning more years of my daughter's growing years.  Stay with me.

Specifics

Blade Depth: #2
Pressure: High
Speed: Medium
Cardstock: "The Rustic Stack" from DCWV
Photo Corner Punch: Fiskars Heritage Stamp Cutter

Step by Step

Step 1 Flourish
Cut two each of the <Flourish>, pg 31, Size 4" and 2"  using the Shadow and keyboard keys. These cutouts gave me the larger background cutout shape for my scrapbook layout.
Step 2
Choose a 12" x 12" piece of background cardstock paper and arrange the flourish cutouts close to the edges of the 12"x12" cardstock.  Adhere them in place.
Step 3
Cut two each of the <Frame1>, pg 28, Size 4" and 5" using the Shadow and keyboard keys.  These cutouts gave me larger background contrasting shapes for the photos.
Step 4
Arrange the frame cutouts on the 12"x12" cardstock, placing them so that your photos let part of each frame show thru.
Step 5
Available are acrylic stamps that can be used to embellish the scrapbook layout.  I chose two of the Christmas themed acrylic stamps.
Step 6
Add journaling for your scrapbook layouts, to remember dates and special things about each photo.
Step 7
For added interest, with a scrapbooking pen dot some tiny dots around the outsides of the flourish cutouts.



I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes