Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Cricut "Moving Day" Card

With the purchase of a different home, comes the clearing and cleaning out of the old home in preparation for moving. I wanted to create a card for a friend who is doing just that; in anticipation for moving to a new home. I had a mental image of loading up everything into a wagon and that is how the idea for this card was born.
Using my trust Cricut Personal Die-Cutting Machine and my library of Cricut Cartridges, I was able to find and cutout just the wagon I had in mind along with a road to travel on and suitcases all packed full.
Cricut Heritage Cartridge-
This cartridge has a wealth of cutouts depicting images from years past. There are 100 old fashioned kitchen items and methods of travel, to name a few. The theme of the cartridge is Family History and it comes with words, frames, and charms too. There are two decorative fonts and most of the cutouts have shadow versions available.
Cricut Don Juan Cartridge-
This cartridge is one of my handiest cartridges in my library of Cricut cartridges. It actually ships with the purchase of the Cricut Create.  It has available total alphabetical and numerical cutouts along with fun shapes to cutout. Also included are some popular sentiments. Each of the letters has different cutout shapes available also.


Specifics
Cricut Cartridge: Don Juan
Cricut Cartridge: Heritage
Cardstock: A thin cardstock will do for the larger cutouts such as the wagon and road; however I would recommend a thicker cardstock for the individual letters of the sentiment.
Stamping: I had a "Celebrate" stamp in my collection; however, I would have preferred something from Stampin'Up because their stamps make a clean, precise image.
Step by Step
Card size 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Cut one base cardstock piece for the background image in a 5 1/4" x 4" size. Adhere to the base card.
From the Heritage Cartridge
Cut two <Prchmnt2>, pg 32, size 1 1/2" using the Shadow, Shift, and Parchment keyboard key. This will cutout the road pieces. I used a perfectly striped piece of cardstock.
Snip off the rounded ends of each piece and adhere the road pieces near the bottom of the card front, overlapping a bit to cover the card side to side.
Cut one <Wagon>, pg 47, size 2 1/2" using the Wagon keyboard key. This will cutout the top layer of the wagon.
Cut one <Wagon>, pg 47, size 2 1/2" using the Shadow and Wagon keyboard key. This will cutout the bottom, shadow layer of the wagon.
Adhere the bottom layer of the wagon to the card.
Adhere the top layer of the wagon to the card.
Cut five or six <Suitcase>, pg 42, size 1/2" using the Shift and Suitcase keyboard keys. This will cutout the top layer of each suitcase. I used different colored cardstock.
Cut five or six <Suitcase>, pg 42, size 1/2" using the Shadow, Shift, and Suitcase keyboard keys. This will cutout the bottom layer of each suitcase. I used white cardstock.
Cut two or three <Suitcase> using the same two steps but size 3/4" and adhere them together.
Adhere each suitcase together.
Adhere the suitcases in a jumbled pile in the wagon.
Don Juan Cartridge
Cut each letter of your desired sentiment, size 1/2", using the shadow and each letters' keyboard key. This will give you the larger, bottom layer of each letter.
Cut each letter of your desired sentiment, size 1/2", using each letters' keyboard key. This will give you the intricate top layer of each letter.
Adhere the letters, shadow cutout first, then the top intricate layer, to the top right side of the card.
Using your paper cutter from the Cricut Essentials Kit, cut a rectangle sized 2 1/2" x 3/4". I used green cardstock. Then cut a smaller rectangle, sized 2 1/4" x 1/2". I used an orange cardstock.
Adhere the larger rectangle to the card base, then the smaller rectangle on top of it.
Carefully stamp "Celebrate" to the smaller square.
Done!
 

I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes