Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Love Bug Valentine Card

This card features a sweet little layered bug and was fairly easy to make.  I used the Simply Charmed cartridge and Don Juan cartridge for the entire card.
I've found a great sturdy cardstock available at JoAnns Fabrics called Foundations with a Canvas Texture.  Measuring 12"x12"; Color Name "Merry".
Fold 12x12 Paper in half and cut 3 cards: 2- 3 1/2"x6" and 1 4 1/2" x 6"
The Bug's body includes 5 different cuts.  Refer to the picture for color suggestions.  I chose to make the body printed on my card. For heavy paper such as Foundations, use a depth of #3 to cut; for regular cardstock use a depth of #2.
Cut the verse using 1" letters; Cut depth #3; Letter are tricky to remove and glue so go slow.   Cut the Bug Body background using "Shadow" at 3" size.


Cut next Bug Body layer using "Layer 1" at 3" size.
Cut top Bug Body layer using "Layer 2" at 3" size.


Cut top layer, the Heart, using "Layer 3" at 3" size.  The machine will size the heart correctly.
Cut the word "Love Bug" twice, using contrasting colors, 1" size.











  
Glue the various parts to your card and you are finished and ready to add a personal note inside.  
One issue with this card was the use of too much glue on the very small letters, just a tiny dot will affix the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes