Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nice Gift Tags

This is a very simplistic little gift tag
  1. Cartridge: Don Juan (which comes with the Cricut Create Personal Cutting Machine
  2. 2 Sheets of Coordinating Paper 6" x 12"
  3. Clear Tacky Glue
Gift Tags
  • Load the paper into the Cricut Create, choose the Gift Tag on the "L" key of your template. Make sure you use it with either "shadow" or "under pressure shadow".
  • Use 2 1/2" size, medium pressure, and Auto Fill for settings. Now let this amazing little machine cut an entire page of Gift Tags.
  • Unload Paper

To, From, and an embellishment Printing

  • Load your coordinating color of the same size paper. Choose "To" and "From" from page 81 of your book, with which of the setting you prefer. I used the "shadow" setting. Also choose a small embellishment if you'd like. I used a Snowflake but there are many others in this cartridge and others to choose from.
  • Use 1/2" for each, medium pressure and Auto Fill settings. Now you can cut either an entire page of the To, From, and embellishment or just enough for the Gift Tags you have ready.
  • Again the Cricut Create will cut your designs.

Putting the Gift Tag together

Carefully punch out your Gift Tags and the words you have printed. Usually they come loose very easy. For difficult areas, I use my seam ripper I have for sewing and the Spatula that comes with the Cricut Essentials Kit. With the Clear Tacky Glue press the words and design on each tag. Then leave until dry.
Now you have a cute little Gift Tag for your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes