- Either purchase premade (it is very inexpensive to buy a box of multi colored cards with envelopes) or fold cardstock to make a 4x5 1/2" card, or a card size of your choice.
- From the Cricut Cartridge: Sentimentals I chose the Owl design. I cut the main body from one color, the eyes and corresponding parts from other colors using: Blade Depth #2, Pressure: Medium, and a 4 1/2" size to go with my 4x5 1/2" card.
- Keep in mind most papers come with a contrasting color on the back; therefore, for some pieces you can simply choose the "Flip" button to get the piece correct in a different color.
- Glue the pieces onto your card, remember some pieces go on before others, so refer to the picture often.
- Then I stamped (yes the D is backward, being my first card) the words "Happy Birthday" on top. I used single rubber letter stamps and little stamp pads, available at any craft store.
Homemade Cards-A Special Touch
A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Happy Birthday Hoot Card
I have created my first card and it was so much fun and easy to do.
Quote of the Day