Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thurday's Scrapbook Layout

These photos were from my daughter's first Memorial Day Parade as a Brownie Girl Scout. 

I created this scrapbook layout using the Sentimentals Cricut Cartridge; which is the cartridge that came with my Cricut Create machine.  This cartridge has some of the most basic frames for photos along with shapes you can use as frames.
Step1:
For a photo oval size of 4", Cut 1 each of <Label1), page 68, Real Dial Key, No Shift Key, 5 1/2", 5 1/4", 5".  When placing the cutouts, stagger them by turning them a bit so they offset each other
I started by cropping my traditionally shaped photos to accommodate an oval shape.

Years ago I purchased quite a few items from Creative Memories, a scrapbooking design and supply company.  One of those items was a set of plastic oval patterns and small cutters that, when used with a self-healing mat, could be used to cut photos whatever shape desired.  This can also be done by hand, using a X-Acto set of sharp knives if used carefully and slowly.

  • One piece of advice:  Cut the Cricut frames before you crop your photos.  It's easier to adjust photo size.
  • I lay the uncropped photo down and measure the size of the image I actually want to display on the scrapbooking page.  Then through trial and error, using the white cardstock, I figure out which size frame will accommodate the photo size I need.
  • Most of the cutouts I used were sized to my individual photos so I couldn't really tell you the exact size.  
  • Measure the length of an oval, make your cutouts 1/4" - 1/2" larger is a good rule of thumb.


For this photo, I saved the oval cutouts from another project to frame the smaller photo.  I used <Frame2>, page 29 for that project and that is where the oval shape came from.  This can also be cutout by hand or using a pattern and cutters.

Using the ovals leftover from the previous project, I adhered three together.  You could use the cutout <Frame2>, page 29, with Tag Key, No Shift.  This will give you an oval too. 

Cut two <Label1>, page 68, Real Dial Key, no Shift.  I added a few embellishments to the layout. The small white bows.


The "Flag" and "Stars & Stripes" acrylic stamps were stamps I purchased years ago

I found a set of "Celebration" acrylic stamps along with hundreds of others which can be purchased at Lynn Pratt's Stampin'Up Website.  I plan to purchase stamps from Stampin'Up because of the amazing variety and array of stamps available.  Checkout Lynn's blog for more stamping ideas.
I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes