Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Fun: Easy Homemade Card for St. Patrick's Day

I couldn't resist the cute little Leprechaun in the Simply Charmed Cartridge. 

A couple of hints...the Leprechauns and the Golden Rainbow have to be put together in a specific order.

I tried to take pictures to show that order.

Specifics:
Card Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Pressure: High
Blade Depth: 2
Speed: Medium
Size for all cuts: 1 1/2"
Adhesive: Use small Zots or a Liquid Glue with a fine point

Step 1
 










Cut 3 Squares for backgrounds:  
5 1/4" x 4"
5" x 3 3/4"
4 3/4" x 3 1/2" 


Step 2 (The Leprechauns), page 32
I made 2 Leprechauns and cutting the pieces for both at the same time is easier.  Simply press desired layer or background key, shift or no shift, and design. Make sure cardstock is long enough to cut two items at one time.











Using coordinating colors Cut out 2 of the Leprechauns.
<Leprchn1> & <Leprchn2>

Layer 1 Key, No Shift Key, Shift Key, Leprechaun Key

Layer 2 Key, No Shift Key,  Shift Key, Leprechaun Key

Layer 3 Key, No Shift Key, Shift Key, Leprechaun Key (tiny cheeks and buckle will print)

Layer 4 Key, No Shift Key,
Shift Key, Leprechaun Key (tiny cheeks and buckle will print)

For smaller Background: Shadow Key,
No Shift Key, Shift Key, Leprechaun Key

Larger Background: No Shift Key, Shift Key, Leprechaun Key (along with the larger background the small bar will print for the hat
Step 3
Assemble each Leprechaun, then glue them to the card.
  • Glue smaller to larger backgrounds.  
  • Glue on faces. 
  • Glue on shirts.
  • Glue on bearded face.
  • Glue on hands
  • Glue on cheeks
  • Glue on hats
  • Glue on buckle
  • Glue on little bar to hat
Step 4  
(The Golden Rainbow), page 33)
Cut Layer 1, Shift Key
Cut Layer 2, Shift Key
Cut Shadow, Shift Key
Cut Shift Key <GldRnbw> Key

 
Assemble and glue the Golden Rainbow, then glue it to the card.

Finish it off:
 Although, there are alot of parts to these cute little guys, this St. Patrick's Day card is actually an easy homemade card to make and they are well worth it.
I also added one little stick-on Green flower as an embellishment along with stamps from the "Close to My Heart" Holiday Jubilee collection.  I also colored in the eyes and mouths on the Leprechauns and the Pot of Gold.




I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes