For the frames around the pictures I used the Don Juan cartridge which came with my Cricut Create machine. I find this cartridge has alot of frames for scrapbook layouts. I like that Provocraft included the Don Juan cartridge with the machine to get me started.
Blade Depth: 2
I used lighter weight cardstock for the top puzzle pieces as they were not too intricate, and I used a heavier weight cardstock for the smaller pieces. I find that a heavier weight cuts better, especially on smaller cutouts.
Because the photos are all different size, I won't list mine; however, I created a guide for you to follow, I've listed the finished "windows" created from certain sized frames in the "puzzle" shapes. Use the Don Juan cartridge, cut two of each-one patterned and one solid colored cardstock. When you adhere them to your layout, offset the patterned one just a bit to add an interesting touch.
<Charm>, page 70, Puzzle Key, No Other Keys
- Frame 3 1/2" = Approx 2" Photo Window
- Frame 4" = 2 1/4" Photo Window
- Frame 4 1/2" = 2 1/2" Photo Window
- Frame 5" = 2 3/4" Photo Window
- Frame 5 1/2" = 3" Photo Window
- For the sun I wanted a darker background because my base paper was yellow, so I cut two additional Shadow cutouts using a 1 1/4" size.
- FINISHED PAGE: A nice sunny portrayal of a summer day
I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.