Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Fun: Easy Homemade Card for Happy Spring

The calendar says that it is spring even if my weather isn't cooperating.  Today it is a balmy 30 degrees outside so I decided to create spring with my Cricut Create machine.  This is a very easy to make Cricut card using the Spring Holiday Cards Cricut Cartridge.
This Spring Holiday Cards cartridge does not have a book with it, just a card depicting the various cutouts you can create.  Each key will give you a different cutout of a design, a background, an envelope, or even a box.  It is a very no-fuss type of cartridge and the design card shows you what your final cutout will look like.





Specifics:
Card Size : 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Speed: Medium
Pressure: Max
Blade Depth: 2

Step 1
  • Cut one <Easter10>, Size 4".  This is the "Happy Spring" intricate cutout
  • Cut 1 <Bckgrnd8>, Size 4" This is the background placeholder for "Happy Spring"
 I didn't photograph the tulips pieces separately, so cut as directed below.
  • Cut 4 <Seal4>, Yellow Cardstock, Size 3 1/2"  These are the yellow tulip cutouts
  • Cut 2 <Seal4>, White Cardstock, Size 3 3/4" These are the White tulip cutouts
  • Cut 2 <Seal4>, White Cardstock, Size 4"  These are the White tulip cutouts
  • Cut 2 <Seal4>, Green Cardstock, Size 4"  These are the Green tulip cutouts
Step 2
Glueing together the White/Green/Yellow tulips.  Line the "eyes" up each layer.

  • Glue the two 4" Green tulips to two of the 4" White tulips, offsetting them a bit so the white peeks thru.
  • Glue two of the 3 1/2" Yellow tulips on top of the green

Glueing together the White/Yellow tulips. Line the "eyes" up each layer.
  • Glue the two remaining 3 1/2" Yellow tulips on top of the two remaining 4" White tulips.

You should now have 4 tulips, 2 of them have 3 layers, 2 of them have 2 layers.

Step 3
  • Glue together the <Easter10> and <Bckgrnd8>.  There are small slits in <Bckgrnd8> to make placement of <Easter10> easier.
  • Now glue this to the front of the card, offset to the right.
Step 4
Take the 4 finished tulip cutouts and glue them to the left side of the card front.  Space them so that a sentiment could be cutout, stamped, or written in between the two groups.

Step 5
 I had an acrylic stamp saying "Happy Spring" which I stamped in between the tulips.  If you don't have a stamp, simply hand write the words with a green pen.

Step 6
This step is totally up to you.  I decided to add a little color on the <Easter10> cutout, I colored yellow and green onto the flowers.
Step 7
Here I added a green bow to the top right of the card front.  It is very easy to tie the bow.  I used 3/16" ribbon, tied a bow as I normally would, pulled it tight, then smoothed it down and arranged it.

Step 8
On each of the cards I make, I stamp this cute little cat and write my "logo".  Gives the card a finished look.



 
I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes