Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great Looking Scrapbook Album Cover- Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making a scrapbook for the family, a baby, or a vacation is a enjoyable project to do. Not only do you catalog your photos in a beautiful way, but you create a memory for your family or child to have forever.
I have been working, as many of my followers know, on a scrapbook for my daughter, to chronicle her growing years. It is a long but fulfilling process and one made easier using my amazing Cricut Personal Cutting Machine.
Ideas for Scrapbook layouts and the making homemade cards both come easy with just a few of the Cricut cartridges and some of the beautiful cardstock available where in scrapbooking supplies stores and department stores.  Add a few embellishments when finished and your project becomes a keepsake.

The Scrapbook Cover

 
I finally finished the scrapbook depicting four years of my daughter's life and I wanted to share the special scrapbook cover page I created with the Cricut Machine and cardstock.

I purchased a cardstock pack, a collection of about 40 pages of beautiful heavyweight cardstock with some of the cardstock being "foiled" which definitely adds to the look. 
I decided to put a simple sentiment of her name and the dates the scrapbook includes along with a couple of special little frogs, her favorite little animal.

Specifics

Cricut Cartridge: Don Juan
Cricut Cartridge: Sweethearts
Blade Depth: #2
Pressure: Max
Speed: Medium

Step by Step

Using the Don Juan Cartridge
Step 1
Cut out the name in the 3" size using the Shadow key and keyboard keys for each letter.  It looks odd on the Cricut Machine's readout, as if the letter are small and large randomly but the finished cut works.  This was cut in White.
Step 2
 
Cut out the name in the 3" size using the keyboard keys only.  This was done in a heavy weight pink cardstock.
Step 3
 
I adhered the pink to the top of the white cardstock.

Using the Sweethearts cartridge:
Step 4
Cut out 2 <FrogPrnc>, pg 42, size 3" and size 4" using the Shadow and Keyboard key.  This gave me the white bottom layer.
Cut out 2 <FrogPrnc>, pg 42, size 3" and size 4" using the Layers and Keyboard key. This gave me the green top layer.
Step 5
Adhere the green top layer to the bottom white layer of the frogs and their crowns.   Position them on a coordinating piece of heavyweight cardstock and adhere to it.
So Many Pages
My finished album has many pages created with my Cricut Machine.  Now on to the next 12 years of memorable photos.


I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes