Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Friday, July 8, 2011

A Cricut "Wintertime" themed Scrapbook Layout

Wintertime scrapbook layouts are fun to do, there is a wealth of scrapbooking cardstock with patterns, stickers, stamps, and Cricut Machine cutouts to be had, all with a winter theme. Scrapbooking cardstock has evolved from plain colored paper to wonderful patterns.
This was a easy layout to create. The theme was wintertime cross country skiing and the Cricut cartridge I used was the Winter Woodland one. This cartridge has tons of cutouts all dealing with outdoor winter sports and activities. Small animals you might see outdoors when it is cold out along with ice skates, skiis, and a few variations of trees, including pine trees which are the only tree with color in the northeast.

Specifics
Cartridge: Winter Woodland
Speed: Medium
Pressure: Max
Blade Depth: #2
Cardstock: A heavier weight to accurately cut out the trees and skiis

 

 

 

  

Stamping!!

I've just discovered the art, well I'm beginning to try the art, of STAMPING! I just attended my first club meeting of a local Stampin' Up group.
The stamps are beautiful and so accurate. I plan to use them very soon with my Cricut Personal Die-Cutting Machine crafting.
Step by Step
I chose a 12"x12" piece of cardstock with a "quiet" pattern to not take away from my special photos.  I adhered it to the base cardstock, then arranged the photos how I wanted them to look.
Skis and Poles
I cutout two variations of skis & poles. One set I cutout with just two layers.
Cut one <Skis>, pg 52, size 3", using the Shadow/Blackout and Skiis keyboard key for the bottom larger layer of skis and poles.
Cut one <Skis-s>, pg 52, size 3", using the Shift, Shadow/Blackout and Skiis keyboard key for the middle layer of skis and poles.
Assemble each ski and pole with larger shadow layer on the bottom, then the middle layer.  Adhere them together.

For each set of Skis and Poles with a Intricate Top Layer you will cut three layers, the top being a more intricate cutout of the ski pole only, the skis only have 2 layers.

Cut one <Skis>, pg 52, size 3", using the Shadow/Blackout and Skis keyboard key for the bottom larger layer of skis and poles.
Cut one <Skis-s>, pg 52, size 3", using the Shift, Shadow/Blackout and Skiis keyboard key for the middle layer of skis and poles.
Cut one <Skis>, pg 52, size 3", using the Shift and skis keyboard key only for the top intricate layer of the ski pole.
Adhere the layers together ending with the top ski pole layer.
Trees
The trees come in groups of three.
Cut one <Trees>, pg 37, size 3" using just the trees keyboard key. This is the tree body cutout. I used Green cardstock.
Cut one <Trees-s>, pg 37, size 3" using Shift and trees keyboard key. This is the tree trunk cutout. I used a dark brown cardstock.
Cut one <Trees-s>, pg 37, size 3" using the Shift, Shadow/Blackout and trees keyboard key for a middle layer. I used white cardstock to depict snow peaking through.
Cut one <Trees>, pg 37, size 3" using Shadow/Blackout and Trees keyboard key for the bottom larger layer. I used a light brown cardstock.
Cut one <Trees>, pg 37, size 3" using the Layers and Trees keyboard key for the snow on top of the trees. I used white cardstock.
Assemble the trees with the larger shadow layer on the bottom, the white layer, green layer, tree trunk layer, and snow on top.
Winter Fun sentiment
Cut one <WntrFun>, pg 71, size 3" using the keyboard key for the top layer of the sentiment.
Cut one <Wntfn-s<>, pg 71, size 3" using the Shift and keyboard key for the bottom layer of the sentiment.
Adhere the "Winter Fun" sentiment to the top of the scrapbook layout

Then adhere the skis and poles to various areas of the scrapbook layout.

One added touch would be a white sparkly "wash" using clear glue thinly placed on the layout, then sprinkle white glitter to the glue.

I thank you for viewing my blog; I would enjoy it if you decide to follow my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes