Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Cricut Kitty Cat themed Birthday Card

WOW, I think I've finally caught up from being on vacation.  This was such a fun card to make.

For this birthday card, made with my handy Cricut Die-Cutting Machine, I had a special theme in mind. The card was for my sister and she has two of the most personable cute cats that I've ever been around. Her kitties are like a couple of "boys" and definitely live the great life!
The bigger cat boy, Herman, is a big yellow kitty and the smaller scrappy boy is named Frank. I found the perfect cutouts for the kitties and decided to use them in honor of her birthday.
I used one of my favorite cartridges, Sweethearts, by Cricut. This cartridge has some of the cutest cutouts with a romantic theme in mind. I've used this cartridge many times and it continues to be one of my favorites.
One special touch I added but didn't photograph was the use of a white gel pen. I etched small dashes around the letters on the card.

Specifics

Cardstock card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Cricut Cartridge: Sweethearts
Lemon Flower Stack: Glittery cardstock from DCWV
Pressure: Max
Speed: Medium
Blade Depth: 2"
Color Box Pigment Stamp: Silver

Step by Step

Cut out a base piece of cardstock, measuring 4" x 5 1/4", for the card. Adhere the cardstock to your card.
Cut one <BDayHat>, pg 75, size 2" using the Word, Shift, and birthday hat keyboard key for the bottom layer of Happy Birthday
Cut one <BDayHat>, pg 75, size 2" using the Word and birthday hat keyboard key for the top layer of Happy Birthday

Adhere the Happy Birthday bottom layer to top of the card, then adhere the top layer.
Cut one <Kitty>, pg 45, size 3" for the larger cat and size 2" for the smaller cat, using Shadow and cat keyboard key for the bottom layer.
Cut one <Kitty>, pg 45, size 3" for the larger cat and size 2" for the smaller cat, using the cat keyboard key for the top layer.
A small heart will be cutout with each Kitty cutout.
Adhere the two bottom layers of the cats to the card and adhere the small hearts above them.
Adhere the two top layers of the cats to the card and adhere the small hearts on top of the bottom layers.
Cut one <kitty>, pg 45, size 3" and size 2" using the layers and cat keyboard keys. This will cutout a heart for the body just below the neck and a tiny nose for each cat.
Adhere the two "layer key" hearts to the cats. I cut out the opposite colors in each size to mix it up a bit on the cats.
Adhere the two tiny noses to each cat.

I then used a black gel pen and a white gel pen to draw dashes around the letter and to make the face of the kitties more prominent.
If you chose to you can cut out a Shadow version of the cat <Kitty>, pg 45, size 4" for the left inside of the card for an extra touch.
Then cutout the Intricate version of the cat <Kitty>, pg 45, size 4" and adhere on top.



I purchased the cutest little kitty stamp which I have been using on the back of my card creations. I used that same stamp to stamp all over the right inside of the card for a fun touch.


I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

1 comment:

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes