Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scrapbook Layout-Quick and Simple

As I continue working on scrapbooking my daughter's life, I continue to see the value in having first rate stamps from Stampin'Up! and a first-rate die-cutting machine called Cricut.

I used to handcut shapes for the frames around my photos, then I found some plastic forms to use which could be cut around. But I never got the polished, finished look that a diecut shape from the Cricut machine gave me. Using the Cricut is so much fun too!.

Making a scrapbook layout using the Cricut machine is relatively easy to make. It takes some practice to master the skills for using a personal die-cutting machine like the Cricut Create. Then after a period of time, you will find that you start to experiment using some of your own creative ideas.

This scrapbook layout showcases photos taken during the deep of winter, when indoor activities were more desirable on cold days.  Excuse the glossy areas of the photos I took, the background paper had a foil design on it and didn't want to be photographed clearly.

Hint:
I first determined the size of the frames I would need for the three photos I wanted to feature. Then I cut the photos to fit inside the frames. It is much easier than trying to figure out what the actual photo size will be with a specific sized frame.




Cricut Essentials
I can't say enough about this kit that can be purchased for use with the Cricut.
A small ruler, a sharp poker, a spatula, and a smoothing tool are among the items you get.
I used the poker constantly to remove the cutouts from the cardstock without bending or tearing, especially the intricate designs.





Specifics
Cricut Cartridge: Sentimentals
Stamp: Stampin'Up! "For Everything"
Cardstock: Heavy Weight from the DCWV Royal Garden and DCWV Lemon Flower stacks
Pressure: Max
Speed: Medium
Blade Depth: #2


Step by Step
Choose a nice piece of 12"x12" cardstock and adhere it to a base piece of cardstock. I usually use my white "practice" cardstock for the base.
For Each Photo:
Cut one <Frame3>, pg 30, size 5 1/4" using the Frame3 keyboard key. This will cut the middle frame layer
Cut one <Frame3>, pg 30, size 5 1/4" using the Layer and Frame3 keyboard key. This will cut the Top intricate frame layer.
Cut one <Frame3>, pg 30, size 5 1/4" using the Shadow and Frame3 keyboard key. This will cut the bottom larger frame layer.
 Adhere the middle frame layer to the bottom layer
 Adhere the photo to the middle layer
Adhere the top intricate layer on top
Journaling:
Cut one <Frame3>, pg 30, size 2 3/4"" using the Tag and Frame3 keyboard Key. This will cut a large cutout for journaling.
Cut one <Frame3>, pg 30, size 2" using the Tag and Frame3 keyboard Key. This will cut a smaller cutout for journaling.

Cut one <Flourish>, pg 31, size 4" using the Shadow and Flourish keyboard key. This will cut a large flourish for journaling.
Arrange and adhere the photos to the cardstock.
Stamps
I used the small flower from the Stampin'Up "For Everything" collection to embellish the Cricut machine diecuts.
Coming Soon...my new Stampin'Up stamp roller.  This will stamp a design across a piece of cardstock.
 
Done!


I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes