Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome Baby- A Fun Card to Make

Welcoming a new baby into a family is always a fantastic subject for a greeting card especially a homemade one using the Cricut Personal Die-Cutting machine. There is a wealth of Cricut Cartridges available featuring new baby cutouts as well as many items to cutout featuring infants and infant accessories.

I made a Cricut card earlier in the year welcoming a new baby so when I decided to make this card I used a new cartridge I bought called Nursery Rhymes. I also used this cartridge to make a mobile for a baby's room.  It is truly a versatile cartridge and fun to use.

Specifics
Cricut Cartridge: Nursery Rhymes
Card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Pressure: Max
Speed: Medium
Blade Depth: #2

Cardstock: Heavy Weight







Step by Step
Cut out a patterned piece of heavy weight cardstock, size 5 1/4" x 4"
Adhere to the front of your card.
Cut one <Delivery>, pg 62, size 3 1/2" using the Delivery keyboard key. This cuts out the top layer of the stork delivering the baby.
Cut one <Delivery>,pg 62, size 3 1/2" using the Base Shadow/Blackout and Delivery keyboard key. This cuts out the bottom layer of the stork delivering the baby.
Adhere the Bottom layer to the top layer of the stork.
Adhere to the card near the bottom and off to the right; this allows for the Special Delivery sentiment to fit.
Cut one <Delivery>, pg 62, size 1 1/2", using the Phrase and Delivery keyboard key. This will cut out the top layer of the sentiment.
Cut one <Delivery>, pg 62, size 1 1/2", using the Phrase Shadow/Blackout key and Delivery keyboard key. This will cut out the bottom layer of the sentiment.
Adhere the sentiment bottom layer to the card, then adhere the top intricate cutout on top.
Inside the Card
Cut one <WlcmBaby>, pg 63, size 3 1/2", using the Welcome Baby keyboard key. This will cutout the top layer of the two storks.
Cut one <WlcmBaby>, pg 63, size 3 1/2", using the Base Shadow/Blackout and Welcome Baby keyboard key. This will cutout the bottom layer of the two storks.
Open the card and flatten
Adhere the bottom layer of the two storks to the inside of the card, centering on the fold.
Adhere the top layer of the two storks to the inside on top of the bottom layer.
Place a heavy non-stick weight on top until the card dries. I usually use a few of my cardstock stacks, they don't tend to stick to the card.
Stamping
From the Stampin'Up "For Everything" collection, I stamped a design in each of the four corners.
From a generic stamp, I used a branch and leaves stamp for under the storks feet.
As you can see the stamp from the Stampin'Up collection makes a much clearer and precise stamp image.

I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes