Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Managing The Paper Trail

I've had to take some time out of making cards and scrapbooking layouts to tame the pile of scrapbook cardstock that has accumulated. 

As I get more and more into scrapbooking, card making, and other paper crafts, I have noticed how many paper scraps I created.

Although it probably would have been easier to toss these cut up pieces of cardstock into the trash can, I could not do that.  Being a naturally frugal person, I looked at each and every piece of cardstock as being a potential cutout of some kind.
As you can see, the pile soon became quite jumbled looking and when I tried to remove a small piece of cardstock that I needed, it was often tangled with or stuck to another piece of cardstock.

To solve the problem and to be able to reuse the cut up cardstock, I started to trim the pieces; to get rid of the shape outlines left behind from a Cricut cut.
Each piece became more manageable and recognizable.  I was able to pull smoothly out a small strip of purple from the bottom of the cardstock pile.

I like the fact that I am able to reuse many pieces of cardstock rather than throwing them in the trash can.  The pieces of cardstock that I know I won't be able to reuse, I set aside and put into our recycling bin. 

It's my small effort to keep trash at a minimum, to recycle, and to use the most of every piece of cardstock that I buy.

Side Note:  I have recently began to use rubber/acrylic stamps on my projects.  Quite often the stamp image looks better on a small background piece of cardstock that I then adhere to the card.  So many of the tiniest pieces of scrap cardstock have now become "mats" for my stamping projects.

I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Kat. I am a horder and I keep all the bits and bobs left over, too. Maybe I'll start to trim them although I always look at the cutout part and think...can this become something? Hopeless, I know! lol

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes