Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hugs and Kisses Card


Using the Sweethearts cartridge I created this card using some basic cuts and also the actual cut-outs from an intended cut.  It was easy and versatile with color combinations as you can see...the directions are for the red/white/pink card.

Cartridge: Sweethearts
Card Size: 5 1/4" x 4"
Speed: Low
Pressure: High
Blade Depth: #2








Using the Cricut Paper Trimmer Cut 1 3 3/4" x 5" Square from a patterned material.  Affix to card front.
Cut 1 3" Heart (Hartsclp) page 72 from pink colored paper and affix to card
Cut 1 5" Heart (Hartsclp) page 72 from White paper using: Tag, No Shift Key.  It will cut out a tag with the heart in the middle.  You will use the parts of the heart that are punched out from the tag.
Carefully affix those parts to the card.  You have to maneuver them into shape a bit.
Cut One 1 1/2" (Hugs&Kiss) page 36 from Pink Paper using: Shadow and Shift key. Affix to card.
Cut One 1 1/2" (Hugs&Kiss) page 36 from White Paper using: Shift Key. Affix over Shadowed version.
Cut Six 1/2" Hearts (Hartsclp) page 72.  Two hearts from each color and two red hearts also.  Affix either side of phrase.
Here I put the small hearts in a different pattern of colors.

As you can see, this card works well with whichever colors you decide on.   I think the yellow, red, white version is a bit more unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes