Homemade Cards-A Special Touch

A Homemade Card, like ones I make with my Cricut Machine, gives recipients a special feeling, they know I planned ahead for their special occasion and took the time and care to create a greeting card just for them. I have sent out many of the cards featured in this blog and I get wonderful thank you's back, expressing how nice it was to receive a beautiful and homemade card.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Thinking of You Card

Yesterday I viewed a beautiful card on one of my favorite Cricut sites, Everyday Cricut.  Believing that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I decided to try my own version of that card.  

I used two cartridges for this project: Sentimentals and Winter Woodland.  I wanted a "quiet" card so the paper I chose blended together nicely.  You can choose a different animal or design for the center and choose coordinating papers also.

Card Size: 4 x 5 1/2"
Pressure: High
Blade: #2
Speed: Low

I Chose a Brown Card for the Base
From the Sentimentals Cartridge, Cut one 4" (Card 1) page 65, 2nd from left Bottom Row of template, using: No Shift
From the Sentimentals Cartridge, Cut one 3" (MagGlass) circle, page 60 using: No Shift, Tag, Real Dial Size
From the Winter Woodland Cartridge, Cut one 2" (Bird 3), page 61 using: Shadow/Blackout, Real Dial Size
From the Winter Woodland Cartridge, Cut one 2" (Bird), page 61 using: Shadow/Blackout, Shift, Real Dial Size
From the Sentimentals Cartridge, Cut one 1 1/2" (Thinking of You), page 48 using: No Shift, Phrase
For an added touch, glue on 4mm Round Pearls, available in your store's jewelry crafting section

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments, they let me know how I'm doing.

Quote of the Day

more Quotes