Now that I am an adult with a fantastic creation called the Cricut Personal Cutting Machine, I am able to create a Mother's Day card easily that looks wonderful.
For this card I used the basic Cricut Cartridge called Heritage. This cartridge boasts of a great number of cutouts remembering yesteryear including old fashioned kitchen and household items, classic buildings, and best of all great cameos for whatever project you can think of.
I truly appreciated having the Cricut Essentials Kit while making this card. The intricate cutouts needed the "poker" tool constantly. For the best results, carefully pull the cutout off the sticky mat, then holding the cutout against your leg, gently poke through the tiny holes and areas that need it.
- Cricut Cartridge: Heritage
- Card Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used a black cardstock for this card to offset the cameos used. Then chose a feminine colored print to offset the black & white. If your card needs a boy cameo, a different printed cardstock can be used.
- Heavy weight cardstock
- Blade Depth: #2
- Pressure: High
- Speed: Medium
Step by StepStep 1
Cut two <Cameo1>, pg 64, sized 3", using the Shift, Shadow Keys and child facing right cameo key. This will cut out the shadow child cameo.
Cut two <Cameo3>, pg 66, sized 3", using the Shift, Flip, Shadow keys and mom facing right key. Using the flip key turns mom to be facing left.
Glue the top intricate layer of each Cameo to the bottom shadow layer.
- <Accent7>, pg 60 using Font, Shift, and accent7 key. Cuts the M
- <TddyBear>, pg 36 using the Font, Shift, and Tddybear key. Cuts the E
- <Telephone>, pg 44 using the Font,, Shift, and telephone key. Cuts the A
- <Accent6>, pg 59 using the Font, Shift, and accent6 key. Cuts the N
- <Phone2>, pg 45 using the Font, Shift and Phone2 key. Cuts theS
Cut one <Camera>, pg 46, using the Word, Shift, and camera key. This cuts the word MOTHER.
Hand tie a small bow for a finished pretty look.
I sincerely appreciate your visit to my blog and I thank you; please click on the "become a follower" link to continue to follow in the future.